This camp was originally a Federal prison for women. In 1942 it was converted to house 50 female Japanese American language teachers from the West Coast, opening in April of 1942. It's peak population was 647, and it closed in June of 1945. Today it's used as a low-security men's prison.
Japan main page
Japanese-American Internment Camps index page
Japan and World War II index page