La Sens Et Le Sexe
2005, Greatest Hits cd
1. Fuck them all: Definitely one of my favorite of all her songs. It has quickly become one of my personal favorites.
2. Desenchantee: Another one of my personal favorite Mylene Farmer songs.
3. California: Another really good song, a little more subdued than the first two songs.
4. Sans contrefacon: Another very good song.
5. XXL: Another of the songs of hers that I like the most.
6. Porno graphique: Absolutely NOT one of my favorites. In fact, I really don't care for it at all. Period. Yuck.
7. Regrets: Again, definitely not one of my favorites. I don't like duets and I don't really care for the song itself that much.
8. Beyond my control: One of the songs that I consider annoying. I really hate extraneous, unnecessary and irrelvant noises (like on song 6), and this one has a repeating phrase which I also find very annoying. I actually put it at one of the songs of hers that I intensely dislike.
9. Sans logique: The fourth in a row that I don't like, although even with that I consider it a little above the last three in quality.
10. Optimistique – Moi: Finally, another one of the songs that I really like. I was beginning to feel my concept of “greatest hits” was incredibly radically different from that of other people. So far I six 6 of the songs, strongly dislike 4. Note; that's like, not love. 3 of the 6 I love; the other 3 I consider very good.
11. Ainsi soit je: Another one of her songs that I like. Score: Like 4; Love 3; Strongly dislike 4.
12. Tristana: Another I like, but don't necessarily love. Score: 5:3:4.
13. Pourvu qu’elles soient douces: One that I like. 6:3:4.
14. Redonne – Moi: Another pretty song. 7:3:4.
15. Dessine – Moi un mouton: Another one that I like (even with the strange sheep sound at the beginning.)
16. Je t’aime melancholie: The last song is, again in my opinion, not one that I like. It's too repetitive, too much talking, just not my cup of tea, so to speak.
This makes, for a “greatest hits” cd, only 3 of 16 cuts that I really loved. I liked 8, disliked or strongly disliked another 5. Rather than just say what I didn't like, though, I'll list the songs I would have liked to have actually seen on the album.
This are what I would have included in such an album:
1. Fuck Them All
6.Je Te Rends Ton Amour
8.Souviens-Toi du Jour
Of course, everyone would have their own listing, so I'm not saying mine is the ultimate listing; it's just the songs I'd like to see together.
Back to music index page
Back to Mylene Farmer index page
Back to my main index page